How To Apply Online to University of Cape Town
Before you apply to UCT online you should have the following;
- Proof of payment of your application fee(compulsory for SA and International applicants)
- Certified copy of your ID document(ID document compulsory for SA citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID and Passport Number for International Applicants
- Exam Results:Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- Remember you will need a valid email address when applying either online or in a hard copy . Note that the following systems do not accept emails from some of the universities: Hotmail, Webmail, Ymail, Outlook and Live. It is advisable to create and use a Gmail address for the application.
NOTE: Supported internet browsers are Internet Explorer 7 – 11 as well as Firefox, Edge and Chrome. Unsupported browsers are not fully compatible and may prevent you from completing and/or submitting your online application.
Apply to UCT online by clicking here
To Apply to UCT using the hard copy application
Things to note before applying with a hard copy form:
- Postgraduate applicants cannot apply using a hardcopy form.
- There is a separate hard copy application form for Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Fine Art applicants.
- Make sure you attach all required documents to your application form.
- You can use the 2019 Directions for Undergraduate Applicants booklet as a guide when completing your application form.
- Need accommodation? Be sure to mark this on your application form.
- Take note of the different addresses to send your application form to, if you are an Architecture, Fine Art or Health Sciences applicant.
Generally, you can either submit your completed application form in person or to the following address:
The Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
Application Fees for UCT
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Let’s break it down: all current matric applicants will need to submit their grade 11 results as well as their latest grade 12 results. Failure to submit these results might delay your application process.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll be able to check your application status online here.
Contact the University of Cape Town:
For more information on how to apply to UCT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UCT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 650 2128
SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD (SSA) APPLICANTS
The SSA programme is offered to international students currently registered at their home university and who wish to undertake a semester at UCT. Upon completion of the semester abroad, the credits can be transferred to their programme at their home university. SSA credits do not count toward a UCT qualification.
2019 first semester applications opened on 1 August and close on 30 November 2018.
2019 second semester applications open on 7 January 2019 and close 30 April 2019.
For further information, visit Semester Study Abroad.