ABOUT: City Varsity is a tertiary education college that focuses solely on media and creative arts. City Varsity graduates walk into the real world with a huge advantage due to their quality education as well as the hands-on approach City Varsity uses with their students.
The application process can be tricky. Worry no more, we have all the support you need to help you get through it. Click and read about Applications instructions
Before you apply to City Varsity you should have the following;
- Certified copy of your ID document(ID document compulsory for SA citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID and Passport Number for International Applicants
- Exam Results:Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- Remember you will need an email address when applying either online or in a hard copy . Note that the following systems do not accept emails from some of the universities: Hotmail, Webmail, Ymail, Outlook and Live. It is advisable to create and use a Gmail address for the application.
You don’t need to write the NBTs before you can apply
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: GET THE APPLICATION FORM
STEP 2: COMPLETE YOUR FORM
- Complete your form with all of your details. Remember to write neatly.
- Your guardian and person responsible for paying your tuition also needs to complete a section and sign the application form.
- The following documents will need to accompany your application form:
- Original and a certified copy of your ID
- International student: certified copies of your study permit and valid passport.
- Original and certified copy of your matric certificate
- Original and certified copy of Academic record and certificate of good conduct for students transferring from another tertiary institution.
- Where applicable: original and certified copies of confirmation of institute enrolment
- In situations where tuition is not paid in full upfront, the following must be attached as surety:
- Proof of income – in respect of fully employed persons
- Original and certified copies of the three most recent bank statements
- Proof of residence of account payer
- In case you require additional writing time for the examinations, all supporting documentation should be attached.
STEP 3: PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
City Varsity offers various levels of qualifications in the media and creative arts industry.
Their full-time courses include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Acting for Camera
- Diploma in Animation / Advanced Diploma in Animation and New Media
- Bachelor of Arts: Film and Television
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Professional Acting for Camera
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Film and Television Production Techniques
- Higher Certificate in Journalism and Digital Media
- Higher Certificate in Motion Picture Make-up
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Multimedia Design And Production
- Higher Certificate in New Media Development
- Diploma in Professional Photography
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Sound Engineering
Tel: +27 (0)21 466 6800
Tel: +27 (0)11 242 6360
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE SCHOOL WEBSITE